So I’m definitely not a make-up guru or someone who has to have the latest and greatest make-up products. (My vice is technology..) I have tried many make-up products growing up. My mother is into all the beauty products (she owns a nail salon -_-). I can tell you anything about nails and what not.
After years of experimenting with make-up and what not, I do have an idea of what I like and what’s the best. I don’t spend too much money on make-up, and if I do, it’s for a good reason. A few of my good friends are in love with make-up and the guru, Michelle Phan, so I do take their tips into consideration when I’m looking to buy some beauty products.
Below are some of the best make-up products I love right now…
1. Chanel Aqua Foundation. $58 – It does wonders! I used to use Clinique powder, Bare Minerals, and Mac powder (kept switching because I couldn’t find one I loved). My co-worker recently introduced me to Chanel Aqua foundation, she says she love loves it. I’m not a big fan of foundation usually because I feel like it won’t stay on all day or would help fight off my oily complexion. A make-up artist used it on me, and I felt like I had nothing on my face. The coverage is absolutely amazing as well. When it’s transposed on your face, it solidifies instantly, you can barely even tell it’s there. It’s very natural looking. I like the natural look because the cakey-look just looks absolutely trashy to me. I know it’s pricy and what not, but it’s really worth it. The Chanel make-up artist also told me that many of her clients has said Mac powders make them break out because it has mineral oil in it. Also, I’ve been breaking out a little lately and was ready for a change.
2. Maybelline Stiletto Eyeliner. Under $7 – I’ve never really used liquid eyeliner because my hands aren’t so steady and I tend to get the liquid eyeliner some how in my eyes… But Maybelline’s Stiletto Eyeliner line does the trick. The felt-tip pen works precisely like a pen on paper. It’s the best that I’ve used so far. Plus, for that price, I’ll buy many of them. The only bad part is that it’s not waterproof, so it does fade away faster than other liquid eyeliner. I suggest that you put a little bit of powder on it, for it to absorb the oils.
3. Mac Mascara. $25. – Probably one of the best mascaras I’ve used. Doesn’t clump at all and spreads out my eyelashes elegantly. Thickens the lashes nicely as well. Doesn’t look messy at all.
4. HD Powder. $25ish- This absorbs the oil from your face through the day. Helps with the shininess. I put it on after I do my foundation on my T-zone area.
5. Urban Decay Quickie Blush. $20- A little goes a long way with the Urban Decay blush and that’s why I love it. It even looks like I barely even use my blush, but I use it everday. Great value. Urban Decay never fails…
2011 is approaching its end and I’m very thankful for this suspenseful year. This suspenseful year has included many exciting and great moments; as well as emotional. I rarely ever contribute my feelings online or in writing… But here it is. I am truly grateful for a family that has supported me through out the years; one that has pushed me continually to be my best. My best includes: completing my college education at a rapid rate, getting what ever job I want, and getting what I want.
My inspiration for it all, will always be my mother, a person who’s always had that entrepreneur mentality, which was passed on to me. She’s been to through so many hardships and still has that positive outlook in life. My confidence in my career comes through because I want her to have the life she’s always wanted. A lavished life where she doesn’t need to work at all and involves traveling around world. Everything I do, is for you and soon you will see… Love you.
All my friends know I’m a gadget-freak! I love love technology as much as I love clothes. Technology makes my life easier and sometimes…. A little more difficult. Electronics malfunctioning gets me hacked! Below is a list of my favorite gadgets that I cannot live without!
- My cellphone! Android Samsung Sidekick 4g : Custom user-interface that looks amazing and I love the black integrated backgrounds. Also has custom applications preinstalled! I just wished that it had more ram. I know that 1GHz is the industry standard currently, but common!!
- My Apple MacBook Pro! I seriously hate Windows with a passion! Microsoft has lost its innovative touch with being the leader in the technology industry. I hate it when I worked on my Windows 7 laptop at work and it automatically did a software update during the middle of a project! Apple FTW. Beautiful user interface, fast processor, high quality exterior, well-built, and easy to use. You def get your moneys worth!
- Canon Rebel XS DSLR with a Sigma 50mm -140mm Lense Range I think… Wow, I def got my money’s worth with the lense. My photos turn out great. With my 8 years experience of Photoshop, I can retouch any picture professionally. Great piece of machine for a good price. Photography is beautiful! Check out some of the photos at www.annvu.com
- My straightener: I guess this is called a girls’ gadget? lol…. Can’t go out without this! My hair gets wavy sometimes.
Think Box Girls
A blog dedicated to express views and document lifestyles of the average person. This blog will discuss topics such as fashion, music, make-up, art, technology, travel, food, politics, the going green movement, and etc.. We love sharing the interesting and unique things that we encounter in our everyday life. We live to appreciate all aspects of life and living in a country that supports freedom of speech, it feels great to do so!
It is the age of the information era, so be informed!